cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F030K6T6 can only be programed with ST-LINK once

tomjianchun
Associate II
Posted on February 03, 2015 at 08:40

my design using STM32F030K6T6, see attached schematics, and using SWD to program, with ST-LINK(Version is at attached picture), I can only program STM32F030K6T6 one time, after code (which is simple toggle one LED on/off) is running, ST-LINK can never connect to STM32F030K6T6 again, what is the reason ?

#stm32
14 REPLIES 14
tomjianchun
Associate II
Posted on February 04, 2015 at 06:14

Thank you for your instructions,

I did not do anything to PA13/PA14, i am just leave all unused PIN as floating which inlude the PA13/PA14. I will check it further.

When ST-LINK connect to micro ,does ST-LINK first try to reset the micro ? since ST-LINK has a RESET PIN connect to micro NRST PIN,  and the mode ''connect under reset'', does it mean ST-LINK can connect to micro without reset the micro first ?

Thanks.

Posted on February 04, 2015 at 17:04

Getting a processor under control via SWD/JTAG is a relatively long and complex process. My understanding of ''connect under reset'' is that it tries to do this while holding the core in reset so it doesn't run any/much of the code.

I have very narrow insight into exactly what you're doing, in the general sense I see sloppy programming of the GPIO, or other peripherals, with blind register writes where the original content is just over written. ie GPIOA->MODER = 0;

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
tomjianchun
Associate II
Posted on February 05, 2015 at 08:10

yes, I have fixed the problem, the code have configured PA13/PA14 as analog, so the SWD function is prohibited.

Thank you again for your warmly support.

Posted on February 04, 2018 at 05:27

Hi 

I am new to STM Controllers and i am working on STM32F030K6T6  where can i get sample codes like toggle led etc..,so that i can proceed from there.

Help is appreciated

Thank you

Posted on February 04, 2018 at 14:10

Please don't post off-topic to 3-year old threads.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..