Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 4.9.0 issues

bernhard239955
Associate II
Posted on July 28, 2015 at 14:13

Hi,

I've got some issues with STM32CubeMX (version 4.9.0) and STM32CubeF4 (version 1.7.0), configuring an STM32F407VGTx that I would like to report:

• the CRC polynomial of SPIx cannot be set e.g. to X2+X1+X0, which is the default value of the CRCPOLY register. The little help windows displays:
''CRCPolynomial should respect this format : Xa+Xb+...+Xc.

where a,b,c are the powers of the polynomial :

- a,b,c should be less than 8

- a,b,c should be odd.''

The edit field seems to enforce that the powers are odd. Why?

• when an .ioc file is loaded with a bad ADC clock frequency (created by an older version of STM32CubeMX), the error is correctly signalled with an error sign (red cross) on the configuration button. After correcting the error by changing the prescaler value, the error sign disappears. But after saving the file and restarting the application, the error is back again as if the corrections were not saved at all
  • the NSS signal type is always ''Input hardware'' and cannot be set to software. The NSS pin cannot be set to a GPIO pin, as it can only be set to alternate function.

Thanks,

Bernhard

4 REPLIES 4
bernhard239955
Associate II
Posted on July 28, 2015 at 14:35

Sorry, a little correction to my last statement:

''The NSS pin cannot be set to a GPIO pin, as it can only be set to alternate function.''

That's not true. On the Pinout tab, I can in fact change it to GPIO or interrupt.

Regards,

Bernhard

Rosiney Silva
Associate II
Posted on July 28, 2015 at 19:14

''when an .ioc file is loaded with a bad ADC clock frequency (created by an older version of STM32CubeMX), the error is correctly signalled with an error sign (red cross) on the configuration button. After correcting the error by changing the prescaler value, the error sign disappears. But after saving the file and restarting the application, the error is back again as if the corrections were not saved at all''

To me this also occurs with new projects. I observed that the problem occurs when you have two or more ADC and when the ''Clock Prescaler'' option is ''PCLK2 divided by 4'', with option ''PCLK2 divided by 6'' and ''PCLK2 divided by 8'' the problem does not occur.

I apologize if

what i wrote

is

not

clear

English

is

not

my

native language.

Rosiney Silva
Associate II