Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 project in Coo-cox with GNU Tools ARM Embedded

Md Mubdiul Hasan
Associate III
Posted on December 06, 2016 at 01:57

Dear All,

I want to have attention those who has experience on using coo-coox, I am writing here because coo-cox forum does not respond for successful logon.

My board is custom one build with centered 32F070RBTx,

The version is

CooCox CoIDE

Version: 1.7.8

Along withGNU Tools ARM Embedded\4.7 2012q4\bin, the following errors take place ,

[cc] arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -Wall -ffunction-sections -g -O0 -c ''-DC:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\4.7 2012q4\bin'' -IC:\STM32_toolchain\Workspace\Source_bak\cmsis_boot -

[cc] from C:\STM32_toolchain\Workspace\Source_bak\common\Inc/stm32f0xx_hal_conf.h:184,

[cc] from C:\STM32_toolchain\Workspace\Source_bak\common\Drivers\STM32F0xx_HAL_Driver\Inc/stm32f0xx_hal.h:48

[cc] C:\STM32_toolchain\Workspace\Source_bak\components\coocox-master\cmsis_core\source/core_cm0.h:214:14: error: 'Program' undeclared here (not in a function)

[cc] C:\STM32_toolchain\Workspace\Source_bak\components\coocox-master\cmsis_core\source/core_cm0.h:214:5: error: bit-field '<anonymous>' width not an integer constant

[cc] C:\STM32_toolchain\Workspace\Source_bak\components\coocox-master\cmsis_core\source/core_cm0.h:214:14: error: expected ',', ';' or '}' before 'Files'

[cc] C:\STM32_toolchain\Workspace\Source_bak\components\coocox-master\cmsis_core\source/core_cm0.h:214:14: error: stray '\' in program

[cc] C:\STM32_toolchain\Workspace\Source_bak\components\coocox-master\cmsis_core\source/core_cm0.h:214:14: error: stray '\' in program

1. Does it a problem for wrong version selection for CMSIS?

2. Is it a linking problem?

3. Do you want me to change build configuration and include all HAL library ? My device package is not available in Configuration database of Coo-cox.

KIndly take a look this view.0690X00000605joQAA.png

#coide #gnu-tools-arm-embedded #hal-libraries

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
14 REPLIES 14
Posted on December 08, 2016 at 09:55

Dear Sir Liviu,

If its true then kindly visit this link,

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkdvoSAB

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkdvoSAB

There is no other IDE with a better knowledge of your program than Eclipse, and as such it helps you view your programs better

I do agree with you, but unknown reasons put me back.

Posted on December 08, 2016 at 10:14

kindly visit this link ...

yes, but what should I expect to find there? (my interest in the defunct Coo-cox is low)

unknown reasons put me back

Eclipse is a very powerful environment, but takes some time to get used to it. 

Posted on December 09, 2016 at 01:11

yes, but what should I expect to find there? (my interest in the defunct Coo-cox is low

Some build noise is growing there, you might identify them.

Kindly take a look as you have experience in Eclipse.

Posted on December 09, 2016 at 08:12

there is nothing to see there, you simply failed to properly configure the include paths.

this is not rocket science, and it has nothing to do with Eclipse, the problem is the same even without an IDE: if the compiler cannot include a header, you need to identify the folder where it is located and add it to the list of include paths.

Posted on December 09, 2016 at 09:37

the problem is the same even without anIDE: if the compiler cannot include a header

you need to identify the folder where it is located and add it to the list of include paths.

These are common suggestion regarding including path, even you solve those problem, noise gets ON more !

this is not rocket science

If the project needs huge time, how do you convince your boss !

Their expectation goes faster then Rocket.