cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 programming service

jose_1.
Associate

Hello everyone.

I'd like to ask about the possibility of purchasing pre-programmed STM32 parts with our application.

For now, we expect a low volume production in the mid term, but it is expected to grow around 1 year after product launch.

Is it possible to know about how should we proceed, prices breakdowns, lead times and associated costs based in quantities?

Thanks

Best regards

6 REPLIES 6
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

The standard answer is: Ask yout FAE.

Lead

Or a distributor.

Many smaller contract production companies offer such a service as well.

This used to be a role distributors filled, along with warehousing product, not sure how much of either they do these days.

Have the means to program and test in production, your software is like to change and people expect tested working product.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi.

The purpose is getting the bootloader already in place to simplify the production process.

The parts come with an effective loader. The trap here is building a board that is impossible to debug and develop on, or program and test in production.

Even if you use ST's loader as a staging tool you will be able to source parts from whomever has them in stock, which will help when then lead times for orders pushes 13, 26 and 52 weeks.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Why not using a standard JTAG pod for that purpose ?

A ST-Link or JLink can achieve throughputs > 100 parts per hour.

My company's contractor uses a JLink.

With automated patching of the Hex File, you can attain individualization (serial numbers, IP addresses, calibration parameters from production, ...).