Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32 foc pmsm sdk + sw4stm32 - How To?

wslowik
Associate II
Posted on July 21, 2016 at 22:30

Dear STMicroelectronics,

I'm just planning to use your STM32 FOC PMSM SDK. I generated configuration files for motor drive into \Web\SystemDriveParams folder. Next step (if I'm correct) is to open one of preconfigured project from folder \Web\Project (depend on type of uC or final board). I normally work with your IDE - SW4STM32 in accordance with CubeMx plugin, And there is my big question - how can I convert preconfigured project (with a lot of folders, subfolders and settings) into SW4STM32 project (in PMSM SDK there are only preconfigured projects for Keil and IAR). Do I have to manually search for every file and add to my manually created project? I think it will require a lot of work. 

I'll be very gratefull for help and information.

Best regards,

Wojciech

#stm32-pmsm-foc-sw4stm32-ac6
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on July 21, 2016 at 22:42

.. how can I convert preconfigured project (with a lot of folders, subfolders and settings) into SW4STM32 project (in PMSM SDK there are only preconfigured projects for Keil and IAR). 

You'd think a tool vendor, with a bunch of software engineers on staff, could take an XML type file and create some semblance of a project from a competitor's project/workspace file....

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
wslowik
Associate II
Posted on July 21, 2016 at 22:59

Yes, but I don't understand why ST product (PMSM SDK) doesnt't have support for ST IDE (SW4STM32)? 

wslowik
Associate II
Posted on July 21, 2016 at 23:03

Maybe there is some way to workaround this problem?

Posted on July 22, 2016 at 02:02

Yes, but I don't understand why ST product (PMSM SDK) doesn't have support for ST IDE (SW4STM32)? 

SW4STM32 is written by a third party, not ST, unless I'm mistaken. ST is paying for the work. I'd have an ''import'' function pretty high up the list of things needed.

The PMSM SDK probably hasn't had a refresh. All I can suggest is that you clone a template project and pull in the unique files.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..