cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 driver problem

pedro1
Associate II
Posted on June 03, 2016 at 05:46

I have a quadcopter flight board that uses an STM32 processor. The Dfuse stm3280 zip is downloaded and then the driver from this is installed. You are then asked (by the boards designer) to replace this driver with a WinUSB driver by using Zadig. So I so this and get confirmation from Zadig that this has been successful but when I go to connect the flight boar, via USB  to the software interface to set it up, it shows as unknown device in Windows 7 Device Manager indicating to me that there is no driver installed. Is there any other way that I can force this board and its STM32to use this WinUSB driver that is required to allow it to connect properly 

http://alienflight.com/firmware-flashing-f3/

is a link to the instructions for this driver changing for this flight board. Thanks for any help or suggestions as I have exhausted all other areas of help within GitHub and the main Quadcopter discussion groups.
13 REPLIES 13
pedro1
Associate II
Posted on June 12, 2016 at 03:08

Sorry clive 1 I am not understanding you when you say “if they are different� If what are different please. So far as booting the board differently I was under the misapprehension that there is only on way to set the jumpers (which is done by a momentary switch on this board) to put the board into DFU mode for firmware upgrading. You obviously have a much greater understanding of all this than me but as I say this flight board can be put into DFU mode and the firmware changed with no issues all. The problem is when it needs to be connected via USB so that it shows up as a virtual com port in Windows Device Manager so that it can be configured in the CleanFlight GUI to be used in a quadcopter.

There is obviously some misunderstanding between us because you suggest that I set up my board on my friends PC but as I have already told you my friend has exactly the same issue on his PC that I have on my work PC. My home PC, same software and OS works with all this perfectly but I am desperately trying to help resolve his situation so that he can enjoy using all the flight control boards that he has built for himself.

Posted on June 12, 2016 at 04:21

The driver associates with the VID/PID reported by the USB device. If the VID/PID are different, then it is not going to associate with this WinUSB driver you're attempting to replace the standard driver with. If they, the VID/PID, are the same then your are using the wrong driver for your machine.

If you can't get this to work, you're going to have to get the flight board vendor to deal with it.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
pedro1
Associate II
Posted on June 14, 2016 at 12:47

Thank you for taking the time to help me clive 1 I appreciate it

pedro1
Associate II
Posted on June 18, 2016 at 00:51

Just one final update clive 1 I managed to resolve this by using a VCP software pack rather than the one recommended by the flight board designer. Thanks again for furthering my knowledge on all this