Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 as quadrature encoder output

paul sauv
Associate III
Posted on August 29, 2017 at 10:02

Hi everyone,

I need to reed a quadrature encoder signal from a sensor, modify the number of pulse and send this signal out to a machine.

The output signal must be a TTL quadrature signal, I have 5 pins: 0v, 5v, A, B and Z on my machine.

All the reading part is OK but I don't know how I should do for sending exact amount of pulse with quadrature signal.

Thank you for your help

#quadrature-encoder #output-quadrature #ttl

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
12 REPLIES 12
Posted on August 29, 2017 at 11:35

The data above seems for the encoder and it has 0.1 mic, 0.5mic, 1mic, 2mi resolution.

Posted on August 29, 2017 at 11:36

I bought nothing yet, I just want t develop something. unfortunately, I don't have the choice of the encoder, and none of cheap DRO are able to accept this resolution, this is why I try to figure out something with STM32

The display for the STm32 is my last option but I would very very very like to have a normal DRO.

Posted on August 30, 2017 at 11:29

Thank you for your help

I made huge progress from yesterday.

Now I try to manipulate bitwise in order to have for channel A/B when positive pulse:

0/0

1/0

1/1

0/1

0/0

etc

and reverse when negative pulse. But I'm not familiar with bitwise manipulation yet