cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link not found on NUCLEO-F767ZI

Rustin
Associate

I'm completely new to embedded system development. Bought an evaluation board from Amazon. I tried to convert the ST-Link to J-Link by following these instructions: https://www.segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/models/other-j-links/st-link-on-board/. But in  SEGGER STLinkReflash, when I choose [1] Upgrade to J-Link, it showed ST-Link not found. I used a micro USB B to USB A cable to connect the board to the PC. LED for power was staying on. LED3 was blinking quickly. LED4 was blinking slowly. Button1 was functional. It could choose which LED from LED1-LED3 to blink. I have tried the connect the board to three Windows devices(a desktop, a laptop, and a surface). All the results were the same. I suspect ST-Link driver was not functioning well. But I can't tell.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rustin
Associate

Had a last minute idea before I headed out. I tried a different usb cable and the result is totally different now. LED4 was staying in red. STLinkReflash converted the ST-Link to J-Link successfully. Now LED4 is staying in green. Previously I used a USB A to multiple connectors (micro B, apple, usb-c) cable. That's a lesson.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rustin
Associate

Had a last minute idea before I headed out. I tried a different usb cable and the result is totally different now. LED4 was staying in red. STLinkReflash converted the ST-Link to J-Link successfully. Now LED4 is staying in green. Previously I used a USB A to multiple connectors (micro B, apple, usb-c) cable. That's a lesson.

RhSilicon
Lead

👀:backhand_index_pointing_right:[STM32CubeIDE Advanced Debug Features]