cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST BLE Toolbox: How to use the environment

KMew
Senior III

Hello,

I am working with the Nucleo Bluetooth boards (NUCLEO-F401RE + NUCLEO-IDB05A2) and I want to test some custom code I'm writing to make sure I understand how to use the X-CUBE-BLE software package.

To do this, I am trying to use the ST BLE Toolbox to send a command to the Nucleo boards to turn an LED on/off. The problem is that I can't find anywhere to write anything custom on the phone. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious, but I can't find any documentation on the ST BLE Toolbox app at all.

The app does detect the device and can connect to it, but I can't find out how to add any custom functionality to the app.

Does anyone have either:

1) Instructions on how to set up custom commands in the ST BLE Toolbox

2) An easier method to test custom code with a phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @KMew​ ,

I recommend you to refer to AN4571.

This application note note describes the STM32 Bluetooth low energy (BLE) toolbox Android application (STSW-STM32153) to be used with BLE mobile phone and an STM32 Nucleo board.

Also I advise you to take a look at this wiki.

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @KMew​ ,

I recommend you to refer to AN4571.

This application note note describes the STM32 Bluetooth low energy (BLE) toolbox Android application (STSW-STM32153) to be used with BLE mobile phone and an STM32 Nucleo board.

Also I advise you to take a look at this wiki.

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.