Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI problem NucleoF401<->TI Launchpad

salman
Associate II
Posted on March 11, 2015 at 23:38

Hello,

I am having a little problem with my SPI between the nucleo board and the TI cc3200 launchpad. I have been using the SPI communication without any problem under the following configuration TI- Slave Nucleo-Master Now I have reversed the roles and I cant seem to get a proper response from the Slave(nucleo). e.g)I put the value 0x08 in the nucleo SPI_TX register.From the master I send a value (0x50).I am able to get and read this data on the slave RX reg and its correct.This transmission should push out the 0x08 value from the slave to master but on the master side I'm reading 0xC0. Every time I'm able to receive the data on the slave correctly but the master doesnt get the data stored in slave's SPI TX register. This is the code I'm using on the slave side

recv_data[0]= SPIsend(0x08);

unsigned short SPIsend(unsigned short data)

{

SPI1->DR=data;

while(!(SPI1->SR & SPI_SR_TXE));

while(!(SPI1->SR & SPI_SR_RXNE));

while (SPI1->SR & SPI_SR_BSY);

return (SPI1->DR);

}

The SPI word length on both side is 16bits wide. Clk polarity and phase settings are the same on both sides.These were the same settings I used when I was sending data from nucleo to TI successfully. Any help would be appreciated. #spi
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on March 12, 2015 at 02:58

Wouldn't you want to check if the register is empty before putting something in it?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
salman
Associate II
Posted on March 12, 2015 at 03:11

Only sending one word after reset so I assumed there wont be any problems.But I have also checked by moving the while(!(SPI1->SR & SPI_SR_TXE)); condition before writing to DR and I get the same result.

The update is I changed the clock speed at the master and now Im getting these results

TX reg of slave                                     TI Receives

0x44=0100 0100                                  0010 0010

0x45=0100 0101                                  0010 0010

0xF6=1111 0110                                  0111 1011

0xF9=1111 1001                                  0111 1100

It seems TI is receiving 1 bit right shifted version of the slave data.