cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTOS, adding message bus feature

yavar_zarei
Associate II
Posted on August 30, 2014 at 06:42

I have an idea for freeRTOS in stm32cube and other RTOS, adding message bus feature to them!

Like a CAN bus this bus operate but between tasks instead of devices.

Many times a task have a message that can publish and many tasks are user of that message, each message must have an 8bit identifier that will be published at head of message(no crc).

each task have an adjustable filter/mask that can receive messages that need to get.

This method is better than send on message to several tasks separately.

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on August 30, 2014 at 15:20

Wouldn't it be simpler just to arrange your tasks and messages more effectively?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
yavar_zarei
Associate II
Posted on August 31, 2014 at 11:56

when a message from one task have many consumers from many tasks this will be helpful,we publish a message that many tasks can use it,

a new hardware peripheral added to stm32 can do this better for new RTOS implementation like as systick timer that added for tick of RTOS,we can add a message-bus peripheral for messaging of RTOS tasks !

what is your idea?

Posted on August 31, 2014 at 13:10

And how do you manage the life time of these messages?

Why would all tasks need to see the messages if you got the partitioning of tasks and dispatch done correctly in the first place?

I sure as heck wouldn't be creating new hardware peripherals to solve what's really not an appropriate problem.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..