cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Case to ambient Thermal resistance information/ case temperature information

cgedd
Associate

Hi sir/ mam,

we are using STM 32f765NIH7 micro controller for our industrial safety project. we just want to know about thermal resistance between case and ambient or please provide max case temperature , so that it's helpful for our derating calculation and SFF calculation

4 REPLIES 4
S.Ma
Principal

Datasheet info not detailed enough?

https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32f765ni.pdf

Page 250

Ageing of the chip typically shrink with higher junction temperature.

cgedd
Associate
Hi thanks for your reply but in datasheet they mentioned junction to ambient R tetha Ja but we want to know case to ambient R tetha Jc. Can you please help me out where we will get that info.
S.Ma
Principal

The only other info is page 113 about junction temperature limit to wakl back to max ambiant temperature. (if the application has a plastic case and heating occurs inside...) In an LCD TV, chassis ambiant is typically 60 to 80C.

TA Ambient temperature for 6 suffix version Maximum power dissipation − 40 - 85 °C Low power dissipation(10) − 40 - 105 Ambient temperature for 7 suffix version Maximum power dissipation − 40 - 105 °C Low power dissipation(10) − 40 - 125 TJ Junction temperature range 6 suffix version − 40 - 105 °C 7 suffix version − 40 - 125

I'm not expert in thermal calculations, someone more knowledgeable should answer in more details to the question.

Hi @cgedd​ ,

I would recommend to check with your FAE to get more details about this request.

Khouloud.