cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RAM] STM32F103VCT6 has 48KB RAM , By modifying the upper limit in keil5, I was able to use 58k

Passerby
Associate III

Why ? Why can I use more than 48KB RAM?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Physically the RAM size is there but it's not tested in factory. So using more than 48KB in that device is not guaranteed. 

This is not an exception on this device and the subject does not cover only the RAM, it could be also the Flash.

Hope I answered your question.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Passerby
Associate III

Hello,

Physically the RAM size is there but it's not tested in factory. So using more than 48KB in that device is not guaranteed. 

This is not an exception on this device and the subject does not cover only the RAM, it could be also the Flash.

Hope I answered your question.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

As STM32F103VC is same die as STM32F103V(D|E), same amount of ram is etched into the die. How this additional resources are exposed ore not and tested or not is totaly up to STM.

Hello, @SofLit 

Does this mean that this part of the Ram is untested and not corrupted

Thanks!

Its usage is not guaranteed and user may face quality issues for the region > 48KB.

hamo
Senior

Hello @Passerby ,

how did you modified the upper limit of RAM in Keil?

I am using Keil5 too.

Hello @SofLit 

@Uwe Bonnes said that the same die was used for the F103VC VD VE ,is this correct?

Does this mean that when different series of chips are tested in the factory, only the parts of the corresponding chip in the die that need to be tested are tested, so that they become different chips

Thanks!

@Passerby wrote:

Does this mean that this part of the Ram is untested

Yes.

@Passerby wrote:

and not corrupted

It means you get absolutely no guarantees whatsoever about it - it might be fine; it might be rubbish; it might appear to be fine under certain limited conditions (eg, on your desk/bench), but fail under others (high/low supply; high/low temperature, etc); it might not be there at all in a future product revision; etc, etc, ...

In other words, you might get away with using it for experimentation under limited conditions - but you should absolutely not  rely upon it for anything critical, or in a shipping product.

#ExtraRAM #ExtraResources #Untested

Options For Target -->Read/Write Memory Areas --> Size     , Change it to bigger

微信截图_20240514170603.jpg

微信截图_20240514170613.jpg