cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with st-flash while programming Nucleo H563ZI

AshiqGuntupalli
Associate

I am using st-flash version of 1.8.0 to flash the binary into Nucleo H563ZI. In this process i have used erase command "st-flash --connect-under-reset erase" to check whether the hardware works or not. For the erase command i got below error
"
st-flash 1.8.0
2024-07-31T16:31:55 WARN common.c: NRST is not connected
2024-07-31T16:31:55 ERROR common.c: Soft reset failed: error write to AIRCR
2024-07-31T16:31:55 ERROR common.c: Can not connect to target. Please use 'connect under reset' and try again
Failed to connect to target
Failed to parse flash type or unrecognized flash type
"
I have also tried with st-link's git upstream master(1.8.0-39-gd7103ff) for testing yet the above error persists. I am using WSL2 on native windows machine.

Does anyone has similarish or related issues for the STM32H563ZI target?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

It just isn't fully supported yet. This is not an ST application, it's an open source community tool.

stlink/doc/supported_devices.md at testing · stlink-org/stlink (github.com)

If you use official tools, they should work. STM32CubeProgrammer has a command line interface (CLI).

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

It just isn't fully supported yet. This is not an ST application, it's an open source community tool.

stlink/doc/supported_devices.md at testing · stlink-org/stlink (github.com)

If you use official tools, they should work. STM32CubeProgrammer has a command line interface (CLI).

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
AshiqGuntupalli
Associate

@TDK 

Thank you for the answer.