cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to program a STM32H562ZI

SGrot.1
Associate II

Hello everyone, 

I got new prototypes (20 total) for a project with the STM32H562ZI and I'm not able to program/debug the MCU, can't detected the MCU, I try with ST-Link V2 and V3. I try ST-Link utilities, STM32CubreProgrammer and in STM32CubeIDE. I know that both programmer work because I can connect to another product.

I use SWD with PA13 (SWDIO) and PA14 (SWCLK).

I look all VDD for the 3.3V and they all fine, I check the VSS to be grounded and they are all good, the 2 VCAP pin give me 1.014V when I use BOOT0 at low and 1.213V when BOOT0 is high. Normally, I use the circuit with BOOT0 at low, but by looking this forums, some suggested to try BOOT0 at high, but that change nothing, I can't program.

I tried NRST with and without a pull-up, but I know that the MCU have one internal...

I would like your advice for the next thing to try or to check, I'm out of ideas.

Best regards,
Steve

20231010_135615.jpg

MCU powerMCU powerProgrammer MessageProgrammer Message

5 REPLIES 5

Suggests it's electrically non-functional.

The BOOT0=HIGH is a way to ensure the part boots into the ROM, a safe-harbour, and not dependent on code you might have on the device.

What is the logic state of NRST?

Can you get any signs-of-life response to the boot loaders USARTs ?  AN2606 / AN3155  Send a 0x7F pattern at 9600 8E1

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Quadruple check pin assignments. Probe an unpopulated / solder-test board for expected continuity in power planes.

Orientation looks correct.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

From your log, it looks like you also were unable to connect to a Nucleo-F767, is that correct? Might want to start with debugging that, and move on to custom hardware once a known good board is working.

Schematic and picture look okay to me.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello Tesla DeLorean,

NRST logic state is high (3.3V)
I will try the USARTs method, I just need some time to add the wire to get there.

Thank you,
Steve

Hello TDK,

I used the programmer on the Nucleo-F767 development module to try another programmer on my product, but encountered the same problem programming the STM32H562. Normally I use the STLINK-V3SET.

Sincerely,
Steve