cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible porting from MCU STM32F746ZG to MCU STM32F767ZGT6

SGasp.1
Senior

Hi folks,,,

I would like to understand how much is the effort of doing the porting from MCU STM32F746ZG  to MCU STM32F767ZGT6 ...

How many changes I should made?

Thanks a lot for this information but now the situation with the supply of micro as you know ia very bad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Switching between chips within the same family is typically very easy, as long as you're only using peripherals that are common to both chips. The same binary may even work without recompiling. You'll need to verify pinouts.

The biggest thing I see between these two is a different FPU, which may require a recompile with relevant settings if you use it.

0693W00000FCsYaQAL.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

Switching between chips within the same family is typically very easy, as long as you're only using peripherals that are common to both chips. The same binary may even work without recompiling. You'll need to verify pinouts.

The biggest thing I see between these two is a different FPU, which may require a recompile with relevant settings if you use it.

0693W00000FCsYaQAL.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SGasp.1​ ,

The MCUs STM32F746ZG/STM32F767ZGT6 are compatible and there is no big change between the IP parameters.

You can check the attached Excel file for more details.

For easy switching MCU to another, you can use STM32CubeMX tool by importing a previously-saved configuration to a new MCU project.

Have a look at the UM1718:

• 11.9 Switching to another MCU
  • Tutorial 5: Exporting current project configuration to a compatible MCU.

0693W00000FCyy5QAD.jpg 

Hope this helps you.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi . .

The MCUs STM32F746ZG/STM32F767ZGT6 are compatible and there is no big change between the IP parameters...

Which are the small changes to do ?

Simone

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @SGasp.1 (Community Member)​ ,

You will find the detailed comparison in the attached Excel file.

Hope my answer helps you :)

If you still have issues, don't hesitate to come back to the Community.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen