cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please can anyone show me a register that identifies the family "STM32F10x" of the MCU? I'm not interesting for a Unique device ID register "U_ID".

despo.1
Associate

Hello,

I would need a register that systematically identify the family type of the micro "STM32F103ZDT6".

In the reference manual there is the Unique device ID register, but it gives a unique identifier to the chip, I would like an identifier that would specify the family type of the MCU "STM32F10x".

Please can anyone show me a register that identifies the family "STM32F10x"?

Thank you for your support

4 REPLIES 4

Isn't there a DBGMCU DEVID register?​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

...called DBGMCU_IDCODE at address 0xE0042000

RM0008 also says:

This code is accessible using the JTAG debug port (four to five pins) or the SW debug port (two pins) or by the user software. It is even accessible while the MCU is under system reset.

Edit: In all variants of the STM32F103, DBGMCU_IDCODE can only be read via the debug interface and not with user code; an attempt to read it with user code will then only result in 0x00, see:

• STM32F101xC/D/E, STM32F103xC/D/E = ES0340
  • STM32F10xx8 STM32F10xxB = ES096
  • STM32F10xx4 STM32F10xx6 = ES0348

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
despo.1
Associate

hi guys,

thanks for the response.

The goal is to differentiate the "STM32F103ZET6" from the "GD32F103ZET6" MCU. The MCUs have the same Device identifier at address 0xE0042000 (DEV_ID).

I think it is necessary to follow the JEDEC standard, but on the datasheet I can't find out the memory address that returns me the Manufacturer's Identification Code of the STMicroelectronics.

Could you kindly give me more information about this?

Where is located the JEDEC Manufacturer in the "STM32F103ZET6"?

Does it make sense to query JEDEC to differentiate STM from other manufacturers?

There are several suggestions on the web for reading the Manufacturer ID Code according to JEDEC JEP106 and thus identifying the manufacturer, e.g.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.