cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo F7 with Mic / Speaker Expansion Boards?

Hello,

Strangely for the AEC AUD example cube pack, it lists the X-NUCLEO-F746ZG as a compatible CPU base in the getting started guid here: https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/fp-aud-aec1.html#overview

Call me blind, but the board connectors don't align. One is a 64 based pinout and the other is 144, without a header on the board. So I'm unsure how the base board along with the X-NUCLEO-CCA01M1 and X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2 are all supposed to sandwich together.

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

It may be a little confusing, but the UM1979 you find on the product website of the X-NUCLEO-CCA01M1 also mentions in section 3.1:

Nucleo 144 support
In order to accept Nucleo-144 boards, morpho header connectors must be soldered on the relevant footprint available on the Nucleo.

A pair of 2 x 38 pin stripline is enough to plug the expansion board, so it is not necessary to solder the whole 2 x 80 pin header.

The 2x38 pin, i.e. double row pin headers simply have to be soldered into the existing holes of CN11/CN12, starting at pin 1. The X-NUCLEO, originally developed for NUCLEO-64 boards, then fit exactly on this subset of the MORPHO header, which was simply extended for the NUCLEO-144 boards.

Does it anwer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.