cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Blue Pill Blink CubeIDE

bibble235
Associate III

Hi,

Pretty new to STM32 but reasonably comfortable with ESP32, Pico and 40 years of C++. So old enough to expect it to be me.

Cannot get blink to work with blue pill 32k using cube ide on ubuntu 23.04 with 

while (1)
   {
     /* USER CODE END WHILE */
        HAL_GPIO_TogglePin(GPIOC, GPIO_PIN_13);
        HAL_Delay(500);

/* USER CODE BEGIN 3 */
   }

I do set the PC13 pin to output and set the sys debug thing but nothing else aside from the code.

Works fine for the neucleo board but not for this board. Also works fine with arduino so guessing the Programmer working fine. Although for neucleo I am not using the stlink v2.

Please remember I am new and could easily be doing something wrong.

Not at PC so maybe typos 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Speaking as a plain customer, there is a lot of videos and pages with the blue pill. Clearly a great marketing name. Certainly more catchy than STM32F103C6T6. This was the first suggestion to me I remembered when looking for Rust.  Cannot remember the price but not expensive. Bought a higher model NUCLEO-F446RE for the Udemy course. My end goal is (maybe) to get a role which involves MCUs but as an aside enjoy electronics. I have forty years in IT half in PM and half as an engineer.

If I was working for ST32, not fishing, I would make blink on a clearly popular product as easy as possible regardless of clones. Your first experience matters especially where you seem to be well documented and supported.

I enjoy the challenge and it was on Ubuntu 23.04 I have experienced, but many will want to install the vs code extension

Pressing on and will continue to feedback.

and expect it to work. If you want your eco system to be top of the list follow the popular linux distros ubuntu, mint etc and make a bundle that just works.