cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with transmiting data from UART based on DMA on stm32f407

Ron Zaretsky
Associate II

hey,

i am new to stm, recently i was asked to transmit data from uart based on dma instead of using interrupts that uses the cpu resources.

are there examples or instruction of how to do it? i am searching for 2 days and cant find somthing usefull.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Ron Zaretsky​ ,

I suggest you the available examples in the cubeFW : STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.27.1\Projects\STM32F4-Discovery\Examples\UART

I recommend you also this article : Getting started with UART - stm32mcu

Hope I helped you!

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Ron Zaretsky​ ,

I suggest you the available examples in the cubeFW : STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.27.1\Projects\STM32F4-Discovery\Examples\UART

I recommend you also this article : Getting started with UART - stm32mcu

Hope I helped you!

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Ron Zaretsky
Associate II

Excuse my ignorance, but what's cubeFW? 😅

cant find it on google

thank you!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best the answer that answered your question or solved your problem. This will help other users find that answer faster.