seriouserg
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2009 at 07:54

Multiple Virtual COM port STM32

15 REPLIES 15
ccowdery9
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:06

I am fairly sure that the Windows USB system doesn't allow a Virtual COM port on a composite device. This is the reason that I didn't include it on a project I did with a composite HID+MSD+Audio.

So you'd have to implement (in software) a hub with multiple attached virtual COM ports. I didn't bother as a COM was nice-to-have rather than essential.

Chris.

seriouserg
Associate II

found something.

http://www.keil.com/forum/docs/thread14208.asp

similar problem was solved, but not for me.

I think descriptors are right, but something wrong in inf file.

seriouserg
Associate II

Chris, can you show destriptors section and .inf file from your project?

seriouserg
Associate II

Friends, can we ask for ST development team to help us to fix this problem?

For team in 50-100 persons, that develop STM32 USB framework it is not difficult task, I think 🙂

Dear ST Firmware Development Team, if it possible to run twice virtual COM, can you do it in future versions of library? If not, tell us why.

USB specification have poor samples, only theory of operation, so, it is very hard to understand it's many things without samples.

As we speak in Russia - ''step left, step right - executing by a firing squad'' it means, that if something wrong - system crashes immediately. Very little steps forward, very long time to market.

Thank you for understanding, and sorry for my English.

ccowdery9
Associate III

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6YO&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bqb%2FNuV4JlgeacwnCMIYg6S17ymXKwZI5jJ0cBLJSdMvsCw&asPdf=false
brunoalltest
Associate II

Chris,

If possible, share your project.

[]´s

Bruno