cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MT29F128G08 NAND FLASH with NUCLEO-L496ZG basic driver help

RWarn.1
Associate

I am not much of a software/firmware developer, but i need to get a basic Driver working for NAND flash device "MT29F128G08AJAAAWP-ITZ" working on a "NUCLEO-L496ZG".

I have the device wired up to the eval board, and need to build a basic drive to write and read to the device.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Maybe your local FAE can suggest some contractors?

Some reason to use this rather antiquated part, rather than say an eMMC or QSPI NAND Flash ?

The former managing the ECC, block management and wear-leveling, like a soldered down SD Card, and capacities into the 500+ GByte, or the latter which has a small foot-print, low-pin count, and perhaps has more accessible source as 1GBit Winbond devices are used in a couple of flight-controller projects.

Linux might have some NAND driver examples. Get's ugly on STM32 MCU as the erase blocks are perhaps unmanageably large, so best to use a journalling type file system, rather than say FatFS

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

A 16GBbyte eMMC would be the fraction of the cost ($15-20), looking at current pricing

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
RWarn.1
Associate

Thanks for the info, and yes for sure that would be the best option. But unfortunely for our very specific use case, we are stuck with this memory interface. Really this effort is to integrate this memory interface into our existing system. Luckily in our case out life expectancy is only about 1000 operating hours with no more than 5-6 power down and erase cycles. So we don't have as much to worry about for wear-leveling and such.

I will touch base with FAE and see if they have any suggestions for some contractors.

Thanks for the help.