cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make all make: *** No rule to make target ...

Stark
Associate II

Hello everyone,

​I use GPIO example project (from repository of ST) and open it by STM32 cube IDE. then when I built it give error:

make all 

make: *** No rule to make target ...

How to fix this error?

Thank you! Sorry cause my English not good.
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bi7INQAY.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KnarfB
Principal III

Do not copy the example, but open the project in the repository tree. The projects use relative paths to the Drivers folder.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KnarfB
Principal III

You have opened the folder, but not the project. The project file is in the SW4STM32/STM32F030R8-Nucleo subfolder. Look for a .project file (may not be visible depending on your explorer settings).

Use File > Open projects from file system to import the project in your current workspace.

The imported project should have a blue "IDE" icon and build without errors.

hth

KnarfB

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Clean the project then Refresh. Then try to build again.

i open .project file (or open from file system) but it still error.
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bi82GQAQ.png

it still has that error

Stark
Associate II

here are the steps i took:

1. copy GPIO example project ​ in repository of ST from ​(C:) disk
  2. open folder GPIO project > SW4STM32 > ".project" and cube ide opened, then i built it. it error "no such file or directory" and when I include path, it error "make: *** No rule to make target ..." as name's topic.
    _legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bi86DQAQ.png
KnarfB
Principal III

Do not copy the example, but open the project in the repository tree. The projects use relative paths to the Drivers folder.

Wow! It done. Thank you very so much! very impressive! Bravo!​

Thanks everyone! I spent a lot of time on that error

ephraim-s
Associate

In my case I opened the .cProject in place [downloaded the entire repository, and then opened:

this

"G:\H5_GITHUB_EXAMPLE\Projects\NUCLEO-H563ZI\Examples\GPIO\GPIO_IOToggle_TrustZone\STM32CubeIDE\.project"

and I'm getting all red with the same error message:

Description Resource Path Location Type
make: *** No rule to make target 'G:/H5_GITHUB_EXAMPLE/Drivers/STM32H5xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32h5xx_hal.c', needed by 'Drivers/STM32H5xx_HAL_Driver/stm32h5xx_hal.o'. Stop. GPIO_IOToggle_TrustZone_Secure C/C++ Problem