cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPUART error

XZou.1
Associate II

Has anyone encountered this problem? An ORE error occurs when receiving data with LPUART. After I clear it with software, an ORE error occurs every time I receive data. How can I solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

ORE means Overrun error. The reference manual of the specific derivative says, here for example for the STM32L0:

An overrun error occurs when a character is received when RXNE has not been reset. Data can not be transferred from the shift register to the RDR register until the RXNE bit is

cleared. The RXNE flag is set after every byte received. An overrun error occurs if RXNE flag is set when the next data is received or the previous DMA request has not been serviced.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

ORE means Overrun error. The reference manual of the specific derivative says, here for example for the STM32L0:

An overrun error occurs when a character is received when RXNE has not been reset. Data can not be transferred from the shift register to the RDR register until the RXNE bit is

cleared. The RXNE flag is set after every byte received. An overrun error occurs if RXNE flag is set when the next data is received or the previous DMA request has not been serviced.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.