Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoRa Communication with STM32

Kim ElQ
Associate II
Posted on August 23, 2017 at 13:15

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a LoRa project, using Murata's module ( stm32l082 & semtech's SX1276) , The aim of the project is to send some datas ( temperature, pressure .. ) to a gateway.

I want to know if someone has succeed to modify the example program given in I-CUBE-LRWAN 1.1.0 for B-L072Z-LRWAN1 in order to send datas without using the shield. Or there is any other solution ( code ) should i start with ?

Thank you,

17 REPLIES 17
Goran Mahovlic
Associate II
Posted on August 24, 2017 at 15:03

This code seems nice to  ...

https://github.com/gimasi/GMX-LR1

Posted on August 24, 2017 at 14:51

>>

Have you ever did a project like this before ?

Yes, it's my job.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on August 24, 2017 at 14:52

Thank you for your advices Goran Mahovlic, actually i already past this step, i have a card with sensors connected in I2C, i need to modify the ST's provided code. 

could you tell me please what are the exact modifications to do ?
Posted on August 24, 2017 at 14:58

LoRa radios are exceedingly effective at point-to-point communication. You can also own both ends of the communication link, rather than deal with the complexity of a multi-channel gateway radio.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on August 24, 2017 at 14:59

I use CubeMx and build only I2C sensor  (or whatever you want) to get it work.

When that is working I just check what I need to copy paste into LoRa code...

Posted on August 24, 2017 at 15:02

Greaat (Y) ! 

because i was trying to modify the project, but i think it's a better idea, thank's.
Posted on August 25, 2017 at 12:04

Hello, 

i tried to build a new project but i didn't succeed, so i worked with the LRWAN_cube project with adding sensors ( I2C communication), and actually i receive something weird in gateway :

{unexpected_data,{rxdata,0,2,<<'Hello word, STM32 i LoRaWAN connected'>>,false,true}} 

Do you know why it's wrote : unexpected_data?

Thank you 
Posted on August 25, 2017 at 12:05

Hello, 

I worked with the LRWAN_cube project with adding sensors ( I2C communication), and actually i receive something weird in gateway :

{unexpected_data,{rxdata,0,2,<<'Hello word, STM32 i LoRaWAN connected'>>,false,true}} 

Do you know why it's wrote : unexpected_data?

Thank you