cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to develop Packet analyzer or Network tap using STM32F2xxx?? Application is analysis of serial data. Suggestions

sumit kale
Associate III
Posted on December 06, 2016 at 10:29

I want to analyze the Serial data (UART) through STM32F2 series board (Nucleo 144). How one can develop Network Tap or Packet analyzer using Nucleo 144 Board. Any rough idea is most welcomed. Thanks in advance

#stm32f207zgt6
11 REPLIES 11
Posted on December 09, 2016 at 11:46

Thank you so much for Detail description. I will use it as reference while development. So first Task will be implementation of Functional TX & RX & then carry further. Abouth the sent API can you explain Little bit in Detail?? As link is created between API & HAL what exactly we Need to Change to establish it?

Posted on December 09, 2016 at 21:48

Regarding the API, I had a structure describing one SENT channel, however the channel needed an info about it's timer, so I needed to create a link between the SENT structure and HAL timer. Thus I expanded the timer structure by a pointer to some user data (in my case SENT channel structure) and the same in the SENT structure. So in case the timer interrupt has been generated, I had the information which sent channel it corresponds to and vice versa, when I worked with SENT channel, I had the information about the timer being used.

But this highly depends on your implementation, needs etc. Maybe you won't need it...

Renegade