cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry Regarding STM32F407G-DISC1 Target Support for Simultaneous Reading and Writing

ahmedabdelrahman
Associate II

I am reaching out regarding a query about the STM32F407G-DISC1 target. Upon reviewing the datasheet, I noted that it indicates the target does not support reading while writing. However, upon personal experimentation, I found that it functions correctly in this regard.

Could you kindly provide clarification on this matter? I am curious to understand why my observations differ from the information provided in the datasheet.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

STM32F407 does not support dual bank feature while for example STM32F42xxx and STM32F43xxx do.

SofLit_0-1710521687779.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Are you talking about the Reading while Write to the Flash memory?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

yes reading while writing in flash memory 

SofLit
ST Employee

However, upon personal experimentation, I found that it functions correctly in this regard.

Ok but you need to provide more details about this statement ..

I am currently working on implementing a full Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) project on the STM32F407G-DISC1 target. As part of this project, I am considering dividing the flash memory into two banks.

My primary query pertains to whether the STM32F407G-DISC1 supports executing code from bank1  while writing to another bank2

STM32F407 does not support dual bank feature while for example STM32F42xxx and STM32F43xxx do.

SofLit_0-1710521687779.png