cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info for STM32H747BIT6

Gsan
Associate II
  • hi all, I don't know if I'm going off topic. But we don't get any news about this processor from the official distributors. Our company has developed a new project using this processor. The problem is that it cannot be found at official distributors and there is no certain information on which it will be available. which one can't be found? What are the times to be able to find it? Isn't it that it will be decommissioned? thanks in advance I don't know if I'm going off topic. But we don't get any news about this processor from the official distributors. Our company has developed a new project using this processor. The problem is that it cannot be found at official distributors and there is no certain information on which it will be available. which one can't be found? What are the times to be able to find it? Isn't it that it will be decommissioned? thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Douglas MILLER
ST Employee

Hello Gsan

This forum thread was marked by the moderator as needing a little more investigation, so a Support case was created in your name and will be handled off-line.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

It's a product with a 48 WEEK listed lead-time, so it's not likely to float around as a free-stock item, right?

It's not decommissioned, rather it's popular, and going to customers with orders on the books. So realistically it going to take 10-12 months to clear the current back log, and expect that to keep moving outward, it's not a stationary target. Distributors are not holding stock, and aren't well equipped to handle random orders / demand.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for your reply.

45 weeks for an electronic component?

It's baffling, but it is a normal waiting time or are there other reasons why you have to wait 12 months?

This delivery time creates significant problems for us, small and medium developers who have developed their hardware on this processor.

Since ST is a required processor, it should find solutions to reduce delivery times.

JTP1
Lead

Hello

What would be your need in short term ? I guess small quantities is possible to find with higher price from the companies which delivers hard to get- components.

Place immediately order via official distridutor so you will get those some day. Now days some part is received much earlier than original delivery date was, so at least with some manufacturers situation is getting better.

Br J.T

Gsan
Associate II

Already tested by several official dealers.

Like farnell , Rs , Mouser etc. No one currently has any units of this processor.

Ordered 120 pieces in July from Farnel which should have arrived at the end of August but Farnell has now moved the delivery to the end of September. 

Right, because if anyone has stock on hard to source parts, or long lead times, these will be bought by a) people who want to fill orders they have that exceed their current order/delivery slots, b) arbitrage / hedge-fund players looking for 5x to 10x returns to those without purchasing / planning, or penalty contracts on their deliverables.

Yes its unfortunate, but the plants are operating at capacity, and it takes years to build and bring up new fabs. And billions of dollars. ST is bring on new capacity, and buys from TSMC, but these companies serve lots of other customers, and they may pay or prepay premiums to secure the capacity they want.

Normal production time through a fab is 12 weeks, slack capacity gets a mix of parts to distributors, and obviously there's next to none of that..

You're playing against others with a lot more money doing a lot more business. Don't expect things to return to "normal" in the near term.

Use parts available in multiple variants and foot prints as it will provide significantly more flexibility for purchasing. Design alternate boards, or use a modular approach.

Sure this is all annoying, but you aren't going to be able to change how others behave, and treat you,  you need to change how YOU approach the problem, and be adaptive and flexible.

MNapi
Senior III

expect more delays, there is sanction war between USA and rest of the world. USA hit China with restriction so China put restriction on rare metals for production of semiconductors. Russia has also stopped deliveries of neon and palladium used in semiconductor manufacturing. Until the stupidity stops we will have this mess. I am also looking for those chips. I have like 10 from Mouser  long before the stupidity started and I cannot find more. I have seen those chips on Aliexpress like $500 each.

Yeah, I'd plan for the situation to get worse, and it could significantly.

If you want to make products in the near term you're going to have to be nimble and flexible, and I know many companies and management don't seem to like to change and adapt, but waiting for the supply chain or deliveries to improve is a losing move. Use the 10-12 month runway to come up with alternative options. If you understand the problem you might come up with better / cheaper alternatives.

Douglas MILLER
ST Employee

Hello Gsan

This forum thread was marked by the moderator as needing a little more investigation, so a Support case was created in your name and will be handled off-line.