cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to initializ the ADC I have 3 different pins in STM32L476 and I use 3 ADC for each pin. I work in polling mode (without interrupt and without DMA) but I don't understand what is rank option? please could you give me an explanatio about this Parmer

SEliy.1
Associate

3 REPLIES 3
Javier1
Principal

Rank == order of ADC conversion

This is the order in which the ADC willl read its channels, also the order you will find in the reception buffer.0693W00000HpbQLQAZ.pngrank 1 means its the first ADC channel to be converted.

rank 2, this conversion comes after the one with rank 1

rank 3, this conversion comes after the one with rank 2

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
Hi Javier, I can initialized the Rank 1 for all 3 channels in 3 ADC right? ADC1 sConfig.Channel = ADC_CHANNEL_10; sConfig.Rank = ADC_REGULAR_RANK_1; ADC2 sConfig.Channel = ADC_CHANNEL_14; sConfig.Rank = ADC_REGULAR_RANK_1; ADC3 sConfig.Channel = ADC_CHANNEL_3; sConfig.Rank = ADC_REGULAR_RANK_1; Best regards, Shay Eliyahu Embedded RT SW Engineer [1470146479538_OriginGPS] Mobile: +972 52 7729996 Tel: +972-3-6737010 [signature_1663311745]<>[signature_1251436302][signature_1105508056]<>[signature_1716401012]<> 2 Negev St. Zip Code 7015002 Airport City, Israel מ�?ת: ST Community נשלח: Thursday, December 23, 2021 10:05 �?ל: Shay Eliyaho�? נוש�?: Javier answered you: I want to initializ the ADC I have 3 different pins in STM32L476 and I use 3 ADC for each pin. I work in polling mode (without interrupt and without DMA) but I don't understand what is rank option? please could you give me an... Rank == order of ADC conversion This is the order in which the ADC willl read its channels, also the order you will read in the reception buffer. [Image: adc rank] rank 1 means its the first ADC channel to be converted. rank 2, this conversion comes after the one with rank 1 rank 3, this conversion comes after the one with rank 2 [https://community.st.com/ncsphoto/f35xbDKCel-mNufG55ZX8LuLciGK2xosJPV6ltfCO2BZXSRqQ6_9evUZhQe4pWPF?fromEmail=1]<> Javier<> (Community Member) Rank == order of ADC conversion This is the order in which the ADC willl read its channels, also the order you will read in the reception buffer. [Image placeholder for adc rank] adc rank rank 1 means its the first ADC channel to be converted. rank 2, this conversion comes after the one with rank 1 rank 3, this conversion comes after the one with rank 2 [View/Answer]<> or reply to this email Replying to [https://community.st.com/img/userprofile/default_profile_45_v2.png?fromEmail=1]<> SEliy.1<> (Community Member) asked a question. Wednesday, December 22, 2021 11:42 PM<> I want to initializ the ADC I have 3 different pins in STM32L476 and I use 3 ADC for each pin. I work in polling mode (without interrupt and without DMA) but I don't understand what is rank option? please could you give me an explanatio about this Parmer [https://community.st.com/ncsphoto/f35xbDKCel-mNufG55ZX8LuLciGK2xosJPV6ltfCO2BZXSRqQ6_9evUZhQe4pWPF?fromEmail=1]<> Javier<> (Community Member) Rank == order of ADC conversion This is the order in which the ADC willl read its channels, also the order you will read in the reception buffer. [Image placeholder for adc rank] adc rank rank 1 means its the first ADC channel to be converted. rank 2, this conversion comes after the one with rank 1 rank 3, this conversion comes after the one with rank 2 Thursday, December 23, 2021 12:04 AM<> You're receiving emails when someone "Comments on my posts." To change or turn off ST Community email, log in<> as shay.e@origingps.com.st. Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ". STMicroelectronics N.V. [ST Community]

No, you dont assign ranks to ADC channels.

You assign ADC channels to ranks.

Are you using cubeMX and manually changing that autogenerated code? i advise you against that.

If you look closely CUBEMX ADC ranks are not options you can change.

All ADC channels independently of the rank will be converted "at the same time"

When you go to read the values in the ADC buffer they will be ordered by ranks

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk