cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a STM32F031 Nucleo board. This board has a STM32F031K6T6 (LQFP32) micro controller. I am trying to set up command shell console so that I can use printf(). But it does not work. I have enabled huart1 and added this:- int _write() function.

Najam
Associate II

Board is powered by an external power supply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, so if it's externally powered, is the USB/CDC connected? Is that where you expect to see data?

Is there an LED you can toggle to see signs-of-life? Or can you use a scope on the USART1_TX pin to see output?

Test the USART output functions directly. Output 'U' patterns so you can confirm baud rate with a scope.

Make sure there are suitable printf() libraries linked. The .MAP should indicate what went into the final build, and also the size of the code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ok, so if it's externally powered, is the USB/CDC connected? Is that where you expect to see data?

Is there an LED you can toggle to see signs-of-life? Or can you use a scope on the USART1_TX pin to see output?

Test the USART output functions directly. Output 'U' patterns so you can confirm baud rate with a scope.

Make sure there are suitable printf() libraries linked. The .MAP should indicate what went into the final build, and also the size of the code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Najam
Associate II

Thanks Tesla,

I got this working.