cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a B-L462E-CELL1 board, which has a CatM1/NB-IoT Type1SE modem. What I did: Put the SIM card, then connected the USB to the USB uart connector and sent the "AT" command, without a response. What am I missing?

MDuar.2
Associate II

14 REPLIES 14
CYANG.1
ST Employee

You can try to use User USB connector (CN8) or STlink USB connector (CN9) to check if there is a response.

jiangfan
ST Employee

it should be OK to connect USB-UART CN10;

select one of virtual COM port, with recognized message.

​configure with 115200,8,n1. no flow.

key in the Return Key, user should see the prompt character '>'. then you may input at command: "at at" and input Return, user should see expected response

0693W00000FC1p4QAD.gif

My CLI is disable

2 COM ports will be visible when USB-UART CN10 of B-L462E-CELL1 board is connected to PC, by default the CLI port should be enabled.

It shows disabled, and I press return key and nothing happens. How can I fix it?

0693W00000FD6aaQAD.png

You may try to recover to default configuration.

Get some binary or source files from x-cube-cellular website https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-cellular.html, then you can find the binary at (or similar location) STM32CubeExpansion_CELLULAR_V5.2.0\Projects\B_L462E\Demonstrations\Cellular\Binaries\l462_t1se_socket_v520.bin

I downloaded the x-cube-cellular and patch version 5.2.1, then flashed the binaries of the patch and x-cube folders, and the result was the same ( CLI disable). After I put the patch in the x-cube-cellular folder ( replacing the same files) and still not working. What could it be? 

In short, i tried the 3 binaries ( patch / x-cube / patch+x-cube) and didn´t work.

You may try with STlink USB connector (CN9) to check if there is a response. almost the same way, but better to set "local echo"

jiangfan
ST Employee

STlink USB connector (CN9) , at command response, for B-L462E-CELL1 board :

0693W00000FDOGiQAP.gif