cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know how to use the stm32 extension package.

Koseo.1
Associate II

Hello.
I am a college student who is using cortex for the first time.
I downloaded stm32cube expansion from stm32 and downloaded format is exe file.
I downloaded these exe files and installed them on my computer, but there was a problem from here.
I downloaded the programs provided by the stm site, such as stm32cubemx and stm32cubeide.
But I don't know how to add and build the folder I downloaded with the exe I mentioned above.
It's my first time using the stm program and cortex, so I don't know what to do.
I don't think I can share the file because the professor asked me to check it out. To make it simple, there were some pdf and txt files in the folder along with the files Drivers, Middlewares, and Projects. (I've read all the pdf and txt files.)
In the projects file, there was a folder called nucleo-h743zi -> Applications -> STL on the board I was using, and inside the STL folder, there were 4 project folders that I needed to check.
There are folders called EWARM, Inc, MDK-ARM, Src, SW4STM32.
There are no other folders, and there are .cproject and .project files in the SW4STM32 folder.

I also wrote this and asked how to add it, but at that time, I was told to copy the folder I installed into the workspace in the stm32cubeide folder, go into the stm32cubeide program, go into the "open projects from file system" and it didn't work properly when I built it.
So it's blocked again, so if there's anything I'm wrong about or need to know, please let me know.
I'm stuck here and I don't know what to do.
I'm not a person who lives in English, so I'm not sure if it's translated properly.
Please excuse me.
Please reply.
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Koseo.1 ,

I think the "Directory" is wrong. You need to import only the project you have chosen in the STM32Cubeexpansion.

Please try to used this directory when you import your project stm32 extension package\Projects\Nucleo-H743ZI\Applications\STL\Sxxxxxx\SW4STM32.

Please let me know if the issue is solved.

Could you please share your project? 

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @Koseo.1 

You can't use CubeIDE to open this project. You can open the project from MDK-ARM file using keil. Also you can use IAR workbench to open the project from the EWARM file. And you can open the SW4STM32 version of the project using SW4STM32.

The SW4STM32 is not recommended for new STM32 projects. Is better to useKeil or IAR. you can find easy tutorials on YouTube on how to use both Keil and IAR .

Best regards.

II

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Koseo.1 ,

Concerning the System Workbench toolchain, called SW4STM32, is no more supported for all new series. For that I recommend you to use STM32CubeIDE.

In this case, and to open your project, I advise you to follow these steps:

1- Open STM32CubeIDE

2-Click File-->open projects from file system or Archive

3-Import source as shown in the below figure

KDJEM1_2-1694780805069.png

4-Build the project 

KDJEM1_1-1694780777047.png

I think this user manual can help you Migration guide from System Workbench to STM32CubeIDE - User manual.

What do you mean "it didn't work properly when I built it"? Have you get build error?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello.
I checked what you sent me.
As you said, we succeeded in putting the project on Project Explorer.
But I haven't been able to build since.
And I attached the picture below, but the project build (hammer picture) you mentioned is not working.

Koseo1_0-1694788637754.png

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Koseo.1 ,

I think the "Directory" is wrong. You need to import only the project you have chosen in the STM32Cubeexpansion.

Please try to used this directory when you import your project stm32 extension package\Projects\Nucleo-H743ZI\Applications\STL\Sxxxxxx\SW4STM32.

Please let me know if the issue is solved.

Could you please share your project? 

Thank you.

Kaouthar

I was surprised because the reply was fast.
But there is a reason why I added the STM32CubeExpansion_xxxx folder itself as shown in the picture.
First of all, it was because I added the STM32CubeExpansion_xxxx folder itself as shown in the picture I attached in the enclosed user guide.
And secondly, in the picture I posted, the user guide said that I need to use two versions of STL_Lib_product_x1.a and STL_Lib_product_x2.a in the STM32CubeExpansion_xxxxx folder -> Middlewares -> STM32_Safety->Lib folder.

I think the STM32CubeExpansion_xxxxx folder itself should go up, but I was wondering if I was wrong.

And you asked me to share the project, how should I share it?
As I wrote above, I'm careful because the pdf I copied together on the expansion package I downloaded says "ST Restricted - Subject to Non-Discovery Agreement – Do not copy".

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Hi @Koseo.1   To share something to other person, go to his profile and click the big yellow button SEND A MESSAGE. This sends a private message.

Hello.
Based on what you said, I investigated a little more and solved the problem.
But one more thing I'm curious about is that there were four projects in the expansion package I downloaded.
The projects seemed to be conducting an evaluation with a test module called tm with various test modules up to TM1, TM1L, TM2...TM12.
So, can I know where the test module is, the TM I'm talking about here??

Hello @Koseo.1 ,

If your first question has been answered, please close this topic by choosing Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue. This will help other users find that answer faster. 

Concerning the STL test issue, I advise you to post a new question in STM32 MCUs Other solutions - STMicroelectronics Community.

Thank you.

Kaouthar