cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am working on stm32h743, facing problem in uart, don't receive all correct data in string, but in debugging mode received all data correct but after power on, don't receive all correct data, what is the problem? I tried everything but not solve

PPate.1029
Associate II

Initially my board was working well with and without debugging mode, but when I changed microcontroller, it was working correctly in only debugging mode.

2 REPLIES 2
PPate.1029
Associate II

In debugging mode, I receive and send data correctly using usart1, but switch off the power and then power on(means reset the power) I am not getting all correct data on uart1, some of the character changed in a string, I also tried on uart 4, usart7 but facing same problem. Problem in only uart, other peripherals like ADCs, I2C, SPI working well.

Initially UART was also working well, but due to shorting between supply 3.3V and ground, microcontroller was damaged, I replaced a new one and getting problem in uart, all other peripherals are working well only problem in uart.

Anybody suggest its solution, what is the reason for this?

Thanks in advance.

For self designed boards look at BOOT0 pin state, should be pulled LOW.

Check Option Settings, with regard to boot address.

The wrong boot setting can result in code execution from ROM, not your own code.

Your code may also be executing, but stuck in a while() loop, often Error_Handler() or HardFault_Handler(), instrument these properly so you can determine if it is there.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..