cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set RTC calendar for STM32F105RB.

WPong.1
Associate II

How to set RTC calendar for STM32F105RB. I see on reference manual but no RTC register that can set calendar.

0693W00000QO4TYQA1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The STM32F105 does not yet have dedicated registers for date or time and handles everything in binary in the RTC_CNTH and RTC_CNTL registers.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The STM32F105 does not yet have dedicated registers for date or time and handles everything in binary in the RTC_CNTH and RTC_CNTL registers.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

AN2821 would be the material to point at, but the calendar description there is utter garbage reflecting the SPL implementation (which is the same garbage) without making a reference to it.

AN2821 also fails to discuss the atomicity issues when reading out a 32-bit counter through two 16-bit registers.

I wonder if Cube is already written to use the normal epoch-time and <time.h> facilities, or retains this "counting days" nonsense... [EDIT] yep, I checked, still the day-counting... and no provision for the nonatomic CNT read either...congrats, ST [/EDIT]

JW