cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select PSRAM compatible with STM32F407 FSMC ?

MHass.2
Associate III

Hi,

There are two points I want to understand them.

first one:-

I want to use PSRAM with STM32F407 FSMC when I used STM32cubeMX it support Muxed PSRAM only although, STM32F407 reference manual says that it support Multiplexed or nonmultiplexed PSRAM (Cellular RAM) . what about this point ?

second one:-

I selected the W958D6DBCX7I muxed PSRAM ( 256Mb Async./Burst/Sync./A/D MUX ) it has 256 Mbit ( 32 Mbyte ), voltages of this psram are from 1.7V to 1.95V, how I can use it with 3.3 v of STM32F407 Disc1? and IS it compatible with STM32F407 FSMC ?

Thanks.......

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

> voltages of this psram are from 1.7V to 1.95V, how I can use it with 3.3 v of STM32F407 Disc1?

You can't use 3.3V logic with a chip that wants 1.8V instead. The best solution would be to find a different chip that accepts 3.3V logic.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

The F407 covers a number of potential pin count / foot print devices, The 176-pin device might afford more opportunities and pins to output signals on.

I've got no particular reason to believe CubeMX's fitter is broken. You can always play Will-It-Blend with the data sheet and write the code yourself.

Pretty sure you could add your own latch externally, or gate via a CPLD or such, and create a pseudo-muxed, pseudo-static ram.

The F407 DISCO has to be a decade old, surely there is a universe of boards which are more capable today?

Why do you need this much memory? It's going to be quite slow/inefficient, being external and uncached, consider what level of performance your algorithm needs.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..