cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to measure the current using the stm32f070c6t6 controller

RKUMA.2
Associate II

Hello,

We are working on the stm32f070c6t6 controller, i want to measure the basic parameters like current and voltage and resistance .how can i measure these parameters using stm32f070c6t6 custom board. for current the current at adc pin varying it is not constant . if you have any idea to measuring these parameters with different possibilities please give detailed suggestions. Thanks in advance .

Best Regards

Raj

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Basic parameters may sound like a simple measurement - but it's not at all. Generally you can only measure current and resistance indirectly with microcontrollers, even voltages have to be adapted to the measuring range of the microcontroller.

Unfortunately you didn't say which measuring ranges you want to achieve for current, voltage and resistance, also not what kind of current and voltage (AC/DC, frequency, shape?).

Usually you need suitable analog matching circuits for such measurements, which have to be developed outside the microcontroller according to the requirements, but no one can give you recommendations witout knowing these reqirements.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your Reply, I want to measure the DC current upto 1A, and measure the resistance approximately accurate to upto 10K ohms.

TDK
Guru

For DC current, you can use an in-line resistor on the low side to get a fairly accurate reading.

Resistance will require a resistor divider type scheme with one leg known, one leg unknown, and a known voltage differential.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".