cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Interface STM32 MCU with ATWINC1500 Wi-Fi Module: Need Firmware, Libraries, and Support

DEENADHAYALAN
Associate II

Hello ST Community,

I am working on a project where I need to interface an STM32 MCU with the ATWINC1500 Wi-Fi module and am looking for some assistance. Here are the key areas where I need guidance:

1. Firmware and Libraries:

• Where can I find the necessary libraries that support communication between the STM32 MCU and the ATWINC1500?
  • Are there any existing firmware examples or reference projects specifically designed for this interface?

2. Interface Method:

• What is the recommended communication interface to use between the STM32 and ATWINC1500 (e.g., SPI, UART) for efficient data transfer?
  • How do I initialize and configure this interface on both the STM32 MCU and the ATWINC1500?

3. Hardware Setup:

• Any specific recommendations for the hardware setup, including pin configuration and power management?

4. Additional Support Needed:

• Are there any community-recommended resources, tutorials, or documents that could help in setting up this interface?
  • Can ST provide support or guidance for modifying HAL or LL drivers for compatibility with the ATWINC1500?

What I Have Tried So Far:

• I have reviewed the ATWINC1500 datasheet and some basic example code from Microchip but need specific guidance or example projects tailored to STM32.

Details of My Setup:

• STM32 MCU Model: (e.g., STM32l552ZET6)
  • Development Board: (e.g., Nucleo-L552ZE-Q)
  • ATWINC1500 Module Version: (e.g., WINC1500)
  • ATWINC1500 Firmware Version: (16.6.4)

Any assistance, resources, or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Perhaps you can engage an embedded engineer via Fiverr?

Doesn't the ATWINC1500 use SPI?

Check Github and Arduino for code examples and drivers you can port yourself.

Look at other SPI Examples to gauge how that works on the STM32 and how you might get that abstraction working with examples for other, or generic, MCU platforms.

I wouldn't expect ST to create you a customized solution

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MS.9
Associate III

check out https://github.com/gd91/stm32_winc1500_AP_example.

I based a project on this and it works a treat.