how to include DSP library

madhu13
Associate II
Posted on March 08, 2011 at 08:47

how to include DSP library

7 REPLIES 7
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 14:26

please anybody help how to fix this problem

If you have the DSP source, make sure it's dropped in the project.

If you have a precompiled library, again make sure it's part of the project.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
madhu13
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 14:26

i have downloaded DSP library and added ''stm32_dsp.h'' and ''table_fft.h'' files to my project folder but still it is showing linking error.

Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:14 PM

Subject: how to include DSP library

please anybody help how to fix this problem

If you have the DSP source, make sure it's dropped in the project.

If you have a precompiled library, again make sure it's part of the project.

Posted on May 17, 2011 at 14:27

i have added ''iir_stm32.c'' and ''PID_C_stm32.c'' source files from the DSP library and where i will get the source files of FFT..

For Keil you'll want the .S files in STM32F10x_DSP_Lib_V2.0.0\Libraries\src\asm\arm

The files I can see are

cr4_fft_1024_stm32.s

cr4_fft_256_stm32.s

cr4_fft_64_stm32.s

fir_stm32.s

iirarma_stm32.s

PID_stm32.s

There are asm\gcc and asm\iar directories for Rowley/RIDE/GNU or IAR EWARM

There should also be a Keil project example/template in STM32F10x_DSP_Lib_V2.0.0\Project\FFT_Demo\RVMDK
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

''i have downloaded DSP library and added ''stm32_dsp.h'' and ''table_fft.h'' files to my project folder but still it is showing linking error.''

If you have only included headers, then that is exactly as should be expected!

Take a look inside those header files: all you will see is prototypes for the functions - there are no actual implementations of them!

Therefore, as clive1 said, you also need to either add the compiled library file or the library's source files to your project to provide the  implementations - or definitions - of the functions.

Note that this is standard 'C' programming stuff - nothing specifically to do with the DSP Library, or the STM32.

madhu13
Associate II

i have added ''iir_stm32.c'' and ''PID_C_stm32.c'' source files from the DSP library and where i will get the source files of FFT..

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

''Note that this is standard 'C' programming stuff - nothing specifically to do with the DSP Library, or the STM32''

See: 

http://c-faq.com/lib/extlibs.html

madhu13
Associate II

k now i have added the source files cr4_fft_1024_stm32.s, cr4_fft_256_stm32.s and

cr4_fft_64_stm32.s and i have interfaced Graphical LCD to view the frequency spectrum. now my problem is i am able view the spectrum if i take

256 point FFT (cr4_fft_256_stm32) and

64 pont FFT (cr4_fft_64_stm32) if i try to take 1024 point FFT my i am not able see anything on the LCD screen ..if i call the function cr4_fft_1024_stm32(x,y,N) where N=1024 nothing is displayed on LCD ..can anybody tell me y this function makes the LCD to get hangged..