cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to establish UART serial monitor with BLUE pill STM32

AMat.1
Associate II

Hi, all , i tried to connect a blue pill board to my pc via usb but i cant seem to get the connection to stick , i dont want to use stm cube and want to do it with raw code, is there anything in the datasheet that yo ucould highlight for clarity?

4 REPLIES 4

You'd want to review the HAL CDC/VCP device implementation examples, and then look over the Reference Manual. Not sure USB IP is discussed in sufficient depth to do a cleanroom implementation, or if you have enough familiarity with the USB protocol, but you could try if you want.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Your task is not clear. Connect by what mean: Serial with RS232 levels, serial with TTL level or serial via uart? Connect to for what purpose: Initial programming, firmware update, data transfer from data generated inside the F103 to the PC or capture serial data from outside?

For a simple start, have a look at the libopencm3 examples, find something similar to your task and modify.

thanks, clive , will give it a look 🙂

the point was to do something similar to serial prints in arduino to display values in the program to see if everything is working ok