cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many GPIO pins can be used on H563ZI

hchienti
Associate II

I am a new user of H563ZI, and I have read the datasheet. I wonder if all pins that can be viewed in cubeIDE can be used as a GPIO pin?

For example, as mentioned in the datasheet, PB2 is used as QSPI_CK when solder bridge configurations are not changed. Can I use it as GPIO_OUTPUT pin by just configuring it in cubeIDE without modifying the solder bridges?

hchienti_0-1711242665854.png

If not, then the actual numbers of pins that can be used is just as many as the Arduino pins? I am quite confused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @hchienti and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

First what you arr reading is not the datasheet of the MCU. Is just the user manual of the board NUCLEO-H563ZI which is based on the STM32H563ZIT6 MCUs. To understand the Pins available and How they can be configured to do, You should take a look at the Table 13 and Table 14 of the DS14258. The user manual of  the Nucleo board (UM3115) will guide you on how to map you pins for example on your case. You can use the PB2 as a gpio or any other fonction that it can support but the signal will be mapped on the pin13 of CN9 , pin15 of CN10 or a pin on the CN12 (you can find it on the CN12 pinout) depending on the configuration of SB61 and SB66.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @hchienti and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

First what you arr reading is not the datasheet of the MCU. Is just the user manual of the board NUCLEO-H563ZI which is based on the STM32H563ZIT6 MCUs. To understand the Pins available and How they can be configured to do, You should take a look at the Table 13 and Table 14 of the DS14258. The user manual of  the Nucleo board (UM3115) will guide you on how to map you pins for example on your case. You can use the PB2 as a gpio or any other fonction that it can support but the signal will be mapped on the pin13 of CN9 , pin15 of CN10 or a pin on the CN12 (you can find it on the CN12 pinout) depending on the configuration of SB61 and SB66.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

hchienti
Associate II

@STTwo-32 Thanks for reply!

So if I just need a GPIO functionality(for example, controlling a motor), I can just ignore the alternate functions of those pins, and configure them as GPIO OUTPUT?

The solder bridge seems only impact the pin mapping and the alternate functions.

Exactly.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32