cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all, Is there a straight way to port NUCLEO examples to different NUCLEO boards (ie not the one it has been tested with)?

FBitt.1
Associate II

I am developping a project around a F439 MCU, so I chose the NUCLEO-F439ZI to work with.

I also ordered few NUCLEO expansion boards such as MEMS, TOF modules etc... Unfortunately, none of the project/examples provided with the expansion boards are provided for my F439.

So is there a way to generate an ioc file from the example, to my NUCLEO-F439?

Or do I have to manually adapt the pins and configurations?

Best regards 👍

2 REPLIES 2

If the project doesn't have an IOC it was generated by a human, and can't be reverse engineered into an IOC.

ST has missed a lot of tricks when it comes to these tools, templates, and combining/merging elements of a project.

The parts/boards are usually sufficiently different you're going to have to do some manual juggling, whether it relates to peripherals, buses or pins.

For the most part you're likely to need to use an editor or merge tool to pull what you want. And a pin map of both source and target boards.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
FBitt.1
Associate II

Hello clive1,

thanks a lot for the answer. What I feared has now happened ! :loudly_crying_face:

I will port some of the NUCLEO-IKS02A1(X-CUBE-MEMS1) apps and examples to the NUCLEO-F439ZI; where should I share my code, to help the desperate visitors?

Best regards