cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello my friends. I have 2 questions to ask. Do you know if STM32F103C8T6 can be used as slave mode? what if the STM32F103C8T6 has any I2C issues when used in slave mode? Thank you in advance for your attention.

BRENO NASCIMENTO SANTOS1
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I2C Master and Slave implementations should be viable on the STM32F1 series parts.

There should be working examples under CubeF1, and perhaps CubeMX can manifest code.

The F1 is the oldest and least flexible of the STM32 families, certainly in usable pins and maturity in the peripheral design.

I2C Slaves should be possible, but likely to be non-trivial.

I2C peripheral on STM32F1 is a bit quirky, as I recall, so pins need to be high, and the order sequence of pins, peripheral, enable gets to be critical. On the master side, with SPL, I recall the Cmd Enable needed to be done prior to the main initialization.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I2C Master and Slave implementations should be viable on the STM32F1 series parts.

There should be working examples under CubeF1, and perhaps CubeMX can manifest code.

The F1 is the oldest and least flexible of the STM32 families, certainly in usable pins and maturity in the peripheral design.

I2C Slaves should be possible, but likely to be non-trivial.

I2C peripheral on STM32F1 is a bit quirky, as I recall, so pins need to be high, and the order sequence of pins, peripheral, enable gets to be critical. On the master side, with SPL, I recall the Cmd Enable needed to be done prior to the main initialization.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
BRENO NASCIMENTO SANTOS1
Associate III

@Community member​ thank you so much for the suppor.