cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,I have a project with an 800x480 touch screen, 1 Go Ram, 2 Go Nand and 2 Go µSD, I can use the STM32MP1xx but I don't know Linux, is there an equivalent component in the STM32F7xx series?Best regards

PSEBA.1
Associate II

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

This is essentially the same question you have already asked here.

The STM32MP1 as a CPU is perfectly designed to work with external flash and external RAM, whereas with the same structure you don't really use the full potential of the Cortex-M. Microcontrollers with Cortex-M cores are optimised for maximum processing speed using internal memory. 

For your purposes, you could look at one of the many DISCOVERY boards, e.g. the STM32H745I-DISCO, whose design still needs to be adapted to your needs (WVGA, much more memory).

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

You'll need to get your RAM footprint down significantly to entertain an F7 or H7.

Perhaps time to learn how to Linux..​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

All you've told us is what storage & display your system has - nothing about what the system needs to do.

Does it actually need all those memories at those sizes?

Impossible to say what might be appropriate with no idea of what the goal is!