cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone, I'm new to STM and I would like to know if it is possible, to draw rectangles on PC Window like a rectangle or cricle on the symbols or anything. Are there some libraries to draw stuff on PC Window?

FHugo.1
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @FHugo.1​ ,

What do you mean by "draw rectangles on PC Window" ? is it a tool to be used to draw these shapes and then the latter will be drawn in an LCD screen with STM32?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello there,

similar but instead of drawing on a TFT or LCD Screen, I want to draw some stuff on the PC Window (OS Windows).

Is it possible with STM32 + some Windows API's ?

I just want to know if the STM32 (or any ST MCU) can interact & communicate with the PC and execute some code on PC.

Hello,

Still not clear. Do you want to use STM32 MCU to send data for example with (UART/USB etc ..) to PC which will treat this data and draw circles/rectangles based on received data?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The PC sends data to the STM32 via USB while it's plugged in to the PC -> STM32 receive the data (x.startPos, y.startPos, x.endPos, y.endPos) -> STM32 draws the rectangle on PC Window with some STM32 or Windows library.

The questions are now.. is the STM32 or any ST MCU capable to do that? The flash memory, is it expandable?