cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello community,! I am new user to stm32 micro controller. I am facing a issue in building my project.I am supposed to test the cable connections with the standard connecton data alread stored in EEPROM. I am not aware how to store this data into EEPROM.

MNara.1
Associate

I knew that i cannot save this data in any file format. I have to store this in terms of numericals only. But how would i conevert the connection data into numerical format.

Please help me wit this

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3
Bubbles
ST Employee

hi @MNara.1​ ,

what amount of data is it? You can probably fit the data into MCU's code memory. Just declare the data as a constant in the code and then use it. It will be programmed inside along with the code.

J.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Not sure this is STM32 specific, seems like basic C and data representation/structures stuff

Put your variables in a structure, it will be a collection of bytes, store this block of bytes into the EEPROM of your unspecified STM32 device. There are typically library functions responsible for writing to FLASH and EEPROM. There should be a half-dozen different examples within the Cube/HAL libraries. The data reads like any other memory within the MCU's address space.

Converting numbers, look up atof(), atod(), atoi(), sscanf(), etc.

Principles covered within high-school math/compsci

Cable level connectivity, pin#X vs pin#Y, probably arrays of numbers. You'll need to evaluate the needs of the project, and perhaps discuss with supervisors if expectation/concepts are unclear, or not understood with training to date.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi, you mentioned that principles are covered in high school, but in this case, I believe this is actually a teen student and his/her high school project.

J.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.