cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'H7 infographics: SMPS in 'H725?

waclawekjan_0-1708770806068.png

DS says otherwise - that SMPS is available in *all* packages for 'H725:

waclawekjan_1-1708770917536.png

To me it appears that it's the infographics which is wrong. Wasn't the footnote supposed to go into some other sub-family?

JW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @waclawek.jan @AScha.3 

The STM32H7 web page has been updated and the confusion you have mentioned has been removed.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @waclawek.jan 

Thank you so much for reporting this typo on the infographic. I will escalate it for correction.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Sorry for my mistake. After a deep check, I find out that the (5) note means that on the QFN68 is the only package that just include SMPS only and not SMPS and LDO which is compatible with the table 2 of the datasheet.

Sorry again for this error.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

@STTwo-32 ,

> I find out that the (5) note means ...

Wouldn't it be a good idea, just to write , what it should mean, in simple words ?

e.g

5. no LDO, only SMPS on QFN68 variant .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

> 5. no LDO, only SMPS on QFN68 variant .

I'd vote for this formulation, too.

@STTwo-32, as witnessed by yourself above, the current formulation is ambiguous and potentially misleading.

JW

Thank you again for your contribution. I've escalated your demand to the concerned team. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

STTwo-32
ST Employee

The infographic it's going to be updated on the coming Months and your recommendations will be considered on this update.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

STTwo-32
ST Employee

The STM32H7 web page has been updated and the confusion you have mentioned has been removed.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

Okay, I see that you've reworked the whole infographics.

I like the old style better - it had more information packed in smaller space with bigger fonts; and, above all, it allowed an initial rough but quick comparison. The new infographics makes the selection harder and contains less information which is also less relevant to application (i.e. peripherals contained).

The single-page accompanying pdf is not that either, listing many details (e.g. of crypto) but then omitting basic information like memory sizes, consumption,  nr of peripherals such as I2C, UART/SPI/I2S/SAI etc. is missing entirely, etc. It is also unnecessarily cluttered by things which are common to all of the models listed.

I understand that this sort of information is very hard to compress to small space, but I believe the old infographics made a far better job than the new system does.

JW

As you said, this sort of information is very hard to compress to small space. That's why our communication team decided to deploy such organization.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32