cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO from STM32F1 to STM32F4 (digital in)

skillet
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2013 at 09:53

Hi, I am currently porting robotics software from STM32F1 (Cortex M3) to STM32F4 (Cortex M4). I want to write a simple program to switch on an LED via digital out. The program is supposed to send a digital input interrupt from a pushbutton and output to LED when it is pressed. Somehow I cannot get my digital input configuration to work. I get strange result, which is, I can only initialize GPIO pin for input from GPIO-E Pin 0. After this, initialization does not work. Even if I only used Pin 0 in my code, it does not work. So I commented off initialization for the rest of the pins and use polling technique for Pin 0 (if-else button is pushed, turn off LED). It still does not work. Any idea where to look?

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Mode = GPIO_Mode_IN;

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_OType = GPIO_OType_OD;

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Speed = GPIO_Speed_50MHz;

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_PuPd = GPIO_PuPd_UP;

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_0;

GPIO_Init(GPIOE, &GPIO_InitStructure); // Initialize pin 0

//CODE DOES NOT WORK BELOW THIS POINT

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_1;

GPIO_Init(GPIOE, &GPIO_InitStructure); // Initialize pin 1

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_2;

GPIO_Init(GPIOE, &GPIO_InitStructure); // Initialize pin 2

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_3;

GPIO_Init(GPIOE, &GPIO_InitStructure);  // Initialize pin 3

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_4;

GPIO_Init(GPIOE, &GPIO_InitStructure);  // Initialize pin 4

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_5;

GPIO_Init(GPIOE, &GPIO_InitStructure);  // Initialize pin 5

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_6;

GPIO_Init(GPIOE, &GPIO_InitStructure);  // Initialize pin 6

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_7;

GPIO_Init(GPIOE, &GPIO_InitStructure); // Initialize pin 7

#gpio-digital-in
10 REPLIES 10
slrile05
Associate
Posted on January 22, 2013 at 18:43

Dear f.d.,

I have been experimenting with the GPIO using the stmf4discovery board, and the example firmware software.  They have one called: IOToggle, or something close to that name in their example software.

I started from their working software from the discovery kit example, and then kept modifying their code to do more and more of what I needed.  When the code stopped working, I at least had gone from 'working' code to 'nonworking' code, and thus I could pinpoint what was not working.

I did bump into a quirk, I was changing a bit that I had 'initialized' as an 'input',  to later on  be an 'analog' function bit, but it wouldn't work.  so I had to only initialize the bit once, for now.

One thing you could try is what another poster had suggested: notice how he initialized a number of bits, using the logical OR command, with symbol |.  This also was used in the STMF4Discovery firmware examples, and worked good.

Good luck!