cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO_EXTIxx

RLein.1
Associate II

I'm working on a project using an STM32H753 micro. The device has an LCD with touch screen. The touch screen logic has an interrupt output which triggers the micro to read the current coordinates when the display is touched. I'm using a GPIO pin configured as a GPIO_EXTIxx to receive the interrupt. I've had this working for some time now, but we just revised the board and the interrupt was moved to another GPIO pin. I changed the pin assignments in CubeMX and it worked fine. Another change in the revision is a new I2C part that also has an interrupt output. This was routed to another GPIO pin, however both interrupt lines were connected to port pins that end with in the same number. This appears to be a conflict (can't use the GPIO_EXTI function on two port pins with the same number). So I moved the interrupt line of the touch input to another port pin that ends with a difference number. Now my code will not interrupt when I touch the screen (I can see that the interrupt is occurring on my scope). I've tried several different port pins, including the original to no avail. Is there something I've forgotten in the setup? All I have to do is assign the GPIO_EXTI functionality to the pin and CubeMX takes care of the rest, correct? I don't see anything to check to enable the interrupt functionality. Any ideas would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

Did you enable the interrupt in the NVIC?

This is a screen shot of two different GPIO's being enabled for interrupt.

0693W00000bhFB8QAM.png 

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

Did you enable the interrupt in the NVIC?

This is a screen shot of two different GPIO's being enabled for interrupt.

0693W00000bhFB8QAM.png 

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

Changed from what pin to what?

Will need the proper IRQHandler covering the pin or groups of pins

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks Carl! That was it. The pins for the first change I made fell within the range shown in your image. Evidently CubeMX carried that over. The next change I made fell outside that range and that is when CubeMX cleared this setting.

You're welcome! Can you please select that post as Best Answer so that it'll show at the top of this post.