Yes, there is!

All of the Peripheral Library functions are described in its User Manual

UM0427 - ARM®-based 32-bit MCU STM32F101xx and STM32F103xx firmware library

armmcu
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:36

Hi Tkjmail,

Please do not be nervous 😉 😉

For sure you can take advantage from your board.

As stated above there is no specific code for STM32

Let us take the example of the examples provided with the STM32 library: All are developed in ‘Strict ANSI-C’ (relaxed ANSI-C for projects and example files). Writing the whole library in ‘Strict ANSI-C’ makes it independent from the software toolchain. Only the start-up files depend on the toolchain.(you can check this : all ''C'' source files are the same regardless of the IDE).

In your case, you can run as well these examples with small modifications (it concerns only IO pins config depending on your board).

For example to run the I/Os toggling Led example you have to change the used I/O in the example by another I/O connected to some Leds in your board (if exist).

Cheers.

tkjmail
Associate II

Yes I can successfully run the Toggle LED example, but I can't get the USB example to work :(

But about tutorials, there is no command guide with the commands as GPIO_WriteBit fx? That's what I'm looking for too!

st3
Associate II

Quote:

Yes, there is!

Oh, sorry - ST seem to have lost it! :o

See:

http://www.st.com/mcu/forums-cat-9378-23.html

But there is still the .chm help file - which does contain a (brief) description of everything in the Library...

tkjmail
Associate II

Yes, the .chm file in the STM32F10x StdPeriph library includes a good description about some of the commands - but also about the different libraries!

So yes, I'm good, and I've made my first real app, showing the ADC value on a Nokia 6110 display.

st3
Associate II

Quote:

ST seem to have lost it!

Actually, they've deliberately removed it! :|

See:

http://www.st.com/mcu/forums-cat-9378-23.html