cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSMC on STM32F103ZG vs FMC on STM32H755ZI

mdfsl
Visitor

Good Day and Hello Everyone. 

In my upcoming project, my task is to upgrade the currently used MCU from STM32F103ZG to STM32H755ZI. 
My question are;

1- Can I replace all the FSMC I/O pins that I'm currently using on STM32F103ZG with the FMC I/O pins on STM32H755ZI?

2- If not, are there any other option for me to find a replacement for FMSC I/O pin that I'm currently used on STM32F103ZG to other pins on STM32H755ZI?

3- Can I replace all the FSMC_NOE, FSMC_NWE and FMSC_NWAIT pins that I'm currently using on STM32F103ZG with the FMC_NOE, FMC_NWE and FMC_NWAIT I/O pins on STM32H755ZI?

Thank you in advance for all your advice, opinion and tips. Any answer are highly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @mdfsl and welcome to the community.

What do you mean by " Can I replace all the FSMC I/O pins that I'm currently using on STM32F103X6 with the FMC I/O pins on STM32H755ZG?

You need to give more details on your case and what do you plan to do..

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @mdfsl 

STM32H755ZG Does not exist. Could you please correct this.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

mdfsl
Visitor

Hello @STTwo-32 very sorry for the mistake. The actual part number is STM32H755ZI 

Hi @SofLit , thanks for your reply. 

On our current product, we are using   FSMC_A[4:1], FSMC_D[15:0], FSMC_NOE, FSMC_NWE and FMSC_NWAIT I/Os (total of 23 pins) on STM32F103ZG to communicate with an external Motor Controller IC. On our next project, due to a new technical requirement, we will need to change from using  STM32F103ZG to STM32H755ZI. The STM32H755ZI MCU does not have any FSMC I/Os but it does have FMC I/O and  I've checked the datasheet for both MCU and it seems that they are huge similarities between FSMC and FMC I/Os. 

I've asked the Firmware team regarding this matter and according to them, if the I/O structure and architecture for both MCU are the same, I can use the FMC I/Os  on STM32H755ZI to replace the FSMC I/Os  on STM32F103ZG with minor changes on the Firmware. 

Therefore, I would like to get a confirmation from STM technical teams or any other experts that is familiar with these MCUs about using the FMC I/Os on STM32H755ZI to replace the FSMC I/Os  on STM32F103ZG.